Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 112

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread......

  1. #51
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Random Thoughts Thread......

    Walgreens already has some of their Halloween candy out . Mgr . told me they would recieve 1st Christmas shipment Aug 4th . Is this ridiculous or what ?
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  2. #52
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Random Thoughts Thread......

    Hate door-to door food sales, by adults. I can understand kids doing fundraising.

  3. #53
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Random Thoughts Thread......

    and when the sun comes up tomorrow, let her be.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

  4. #54
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Random Thoughts Thread......

    Hootie FTW!
    Officially retired

  5. #55
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Random Thoughts Thread......

    All you can eat wings are back at Hooters in JC for anyone interested
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  6. #56
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Random Thoughts Thread......

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: knight_67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All you can eat wings are back at Hooters in JC for anyone interested</div></div>
    how much?
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

  7. #57
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Random Thoughts Thread......

    I'm watching The Dark Knight in IMAX tomorrow in Knoxville. Very excited!

  8. #58
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Random Thoughts Thread......

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diets17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm watching The Dark Knight in IMAX tomorrow in Knoxville. Very excited!</div></div>
    Been there.
    It's great, man.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

  9. #59
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Random Thoughts Thread......

    What exactly are the IMAX theaters like and what sets them apart from other theaters? I know that the screen is larger, but is the sound also a lot better? And what makes the larger screen special? Does it have certain effects you only see in IMAX theaters?

    I didn't know there was one as close as Knoxville.. is that the closest around? I'd love to see a movie in a theater like that sometime.
    Officially retired

  10. #60
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Random Thoughts Thread......

    Yeah, The Dark Knight had 40 plus minutes of it shot in IMAX. It's the first major motion picture EVER to do this. There's been several documentaries and other features shot for IMAX but never a full length feature film.

    Basically IMAX is the largest canvas possible, the screens are of course like you said larger and during these IMAX scenes of The Dark Knight the aspect ratio will change from wide screen to full screen. Thus enabling you to see what you didn't get to in the regular theater. There's an enhanced clarity to the screen because they were shot with IMAX cameras. Watching any film in IMAX would be a special experience because of the size of the screen, clarity and sound quality of theater. So you can see why The Dark Knight would be even more special.

    Here's an article from Wired.com. Gives you a glimpse of the difference. Just pointed you to the page that has the imax details on it, I'd suggest reading the entire article though. It's pretty good.

    Wired Article


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •